Friday, August 13, 2010

New Direction

Just got a phone message... " Hi Kate, I was just calling to tell you that Krista tried her dress on at work today, and it was perfect... she is so happy with it"

JOY... all I did was take in the back/waist seams so that her beautiful dress would hug her tiny waist, but it gives me so much pleasure and a sense of purpose to see how much people appreciate my ablitly to sew. I love Sewing... it gives me an escape from my dreary everyday life... having two sons with ADHD and a 4 yr old who thrive on routine is hard for my creative innerself! But, when I am sewing everything melts away and I feel on top of the world... my creativity flows freely and I have no need to second guess myself.

I have been second guessing myself too much of late and I am going to STOP right now.... and I am going to start journalling my dreams, hopes and creative ideas, then putting plans into place to make them happen. No more running away or hiding from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment