Sunday, January 17, 2010

Repurposing Mateials... loving it

Following from the amazing success of the Wedding Dress remodelling, and the creativity stirred up for my amazing experiences at the Woodford Folk festival I have been searching for craft projects that I can do using repurposed materials. I found some amazing and beautiful tutorials at Tea Rose Home and decided to give one a try.
I made this gorgeous Jean Corsage from an old denim skirt that I got from the op-shop a few years ago to patch a pair of jeans. I also had the opportunity to repurpose one of the many beautiful buttons I have collected over the past few years. I have developed a bit of a button “thing”. I find them interesting and I think they look great in their jars on the shelves in my bed room… many different colours, shapes, sizes and textures. I was a very quick and easy project to complete, but I am so very impressed with it. I still need to find the brooch back so it can easily be pinned on…they are somewhere in my stash of craft thingies. That is tomorrow’s task!
My two youngest children have also developed an interest in my buttons… so while I was making my Jean Corsage they sat on the floor playing with two of the button jars. Ethan who is 7 and very creative made me a bracelet… it was beautiful and I thought “Wow, I would actually wear this regularly”, only it is made using a piece of pink hollow plastic tubing… so I got out the tiger wire and some pearl beads left over form another project and put them on, added a clasp so it would be small enough to be comfortable and here it is… Ethan is very proud that I re-made it and will wear it everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment