Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sarah's Thirty and Flirty Saloon Girl Party

Last night was the night! Finally... after spending a bit of time turning my Vintage Prom Dress into a Saloon Girl Costume, and a few months looking at it in anticipation, I was finally able to doll up and head out. I spent the day with rags in my hair to get authentic curls, which my boys though was pretty odd... but Chloe asured me "your bows look pretty mummy".

Sarah and I in our costumes

My cousins Jessie and Zoey also attened the party wearing costumes mady by my aunty Rona... there is a strong creative sewing gene in my family, my mum just missed it I think. As you can see in this photos the three of us had matching bloomers to keep our privates private... these were so simple to make. We each got a pair of mens boxers, some lace and elastic. I simply gathered the leg with elastic and sewed the lace on the bottom... they were very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment