Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dusting of the Machine….

I haven’t touched my sewing machine since early June last, when we made our costumes for Maryborough's Worlds Greatest Australian Pub Crawl 2009.

P60700552009 Worlds Greatest Pub Crawl- Maryborough 

Going with the flow of the creative journey I’m on, I decided that Halloween was the perfect excuse to dust of my machine and get back into another of the creative activities that I enjoy... sewing!

This costume was inspired by the ideas we have had for next years pub crawl. I purchased the corset about 6 weeks ago, just cause I loved it and I could. I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to wear it since then. So I had the top, I just needed a skirt!

IMG_0916 (2)I made the skirt out of satin and tulle. Well actually if you want to get technical it’s a pair of shorts with a 3 layer tulle skirt over top...

I was very impressed with how it turned out. The pattern I used for the shorts, I just left out the zip and pockets. Then of course…I added 3 gathered layers of tulle and put on an elastic waist band.

I quickly whipped up the tail, which is made out of 2 layers of material with some wadding in between, overlocked in the shape of an arrow. I tacked it on to the back of the shorts (so I can use the skirt for other purposes), got some horns which I painted pink to match and there you have it...… A sexy Devils costume.

IMG_0956

My Devils Tail

I got a great response for this costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment